Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Philo as an apologetic writer?

I know Kåre (Fuglseth), my companion on this blog, read a paper at the University of Århus, Denmark, last december, at a conference on "Philo as an apologete". There were also other scholars reading papers assessing the works of Philo. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the conference, hence I would challenge you, Kåre, to give a brief presentation of what happend at the seminar, how the papers were, and especially what points of view you presented in your own paper.

Kåre's own dissertation was titled: A Sectarian John? A sociological-Critical, Historical and Compaative Analysis of the Gospel of John, Philo and Qumran (2002). Hence I would also challenge you to present some aspects of this work here, and provide us with some further information about how you are progressing in your revision of your work for publication in an international setting.
I do think that would be very interesting tor the readers of this blog.

No comments: