Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Divine and Human Agency

Sometimes you discover things late, sometimes too late, sometimes never,--- this time I was - at least - 'late'; having a look at the webpages of Divinity and Religious studies at the University of Aberdeen, I stumbled over a page to a 2004 conference on Divine and Human Agency in Paul and his Cultural Environment, linked to on the page of Simon Gathercole,a senior lecturer located in Aberdeen.

It looks like the papers presented are available at this site, and her I would, of course, especially point you to the paper on Philo, presented by JMG Barclay; '"By the Grace of God I am what I am": Grace and Agency in Philo and Paul'. Ther might also be others of interest to you, so - have a look.

BTW, Simon has also links to several of his articles, seminar works etc. on his page; I might mention here especially his:

'Torah, Life and Salvation: Leviticus 18.5 in Early Judaism and the New Testament', in C.A. Evans, J.A. Sanders, eds. From Prophecy to Testament: The Function of the Old Testament in the New (Peabody, Mass: Hendrickson, 2004), 131-150.

But there is more; so again- have a look and enjoy.

No comments: