Monday, July 31, 2006

Festschrift to David E. Aune


I'm back from vacation, and back from the SNTS Meeting in Aberdeen. It was warm and busy days from early morning to late night. Good to have my wife attend the meeting this year; she enjoyed the excursions while we were listening to lectures and participating in seminar discussions. The SNTS Meetings are known to have good excursions for the spouses attending, and for the dinners for all participants in the evenings.






One of the events at the meeting I was looking forward to was the presentation of a Festschrift to David E. Aune. John Fotopoulos was the editor, and here is a picture of David and his wife Mary Lou:
I do think the festschrift was a very deserved honor to an excellent scholar.

I also had the privilege of contributing to the volume, and is responsible for the one and only contribution directly related to Philo studies. My study is called "Philo, Magic and Balaam: Neglected Aspects of Philo's Exposition of the Balaam story."

Further information of the volume can be gathered here:

The New Testament and Early Christian Literature in Greco-Roman Context
Studies in Honor of David E. Aune

Edited by John Fotopoulos
Novum Testamentum, Supplements, 122
Brill Publishing, 2006. 468 pp.

No comments: