Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Kåre in Oslo

Just wanted to tell you all that I went to see Prof. em. Peder Borgen today while I am in Oslo in these days.

Peder is going to San Diego at the SBL-meeting this year to present a paper summing up all his Johannine research and commenting on those scholars who have been discussing with him the last 50 years or so. Really interesting article, and of course Philo plays an essential role.

There is a session at the SBL-conference where several senior scholars are going to present their Johannine studies in the previous century (!), and for each senior, there is a junior, or a younger professor to the comment on their paper. I have not yet decided for myself whether I am going to the meeting or not, but I might, because it seems like an interesting way of presenting their research and the scholarly debate connected to it.

Kåre

No comments: