My Resource Pages for Biblical Studies has been on the Internet for some years now; but over the last couple of years it has been harder and harder to be able to find time to keep them updated.
At the present time several issues tell me to - not really closing them down - but after a major update of the links to come, I will probably not be able to spend time on them any more. The work is simply too time-consuming, and the pages structures and coding are much too old-fashioned.
I have been involved in a little discussion - some time ago- on the role of what was then called megasites, and I then called for some sort of collaborations, and maybe even some sort of organizational associations. But at that time people liked to go on for themselves. Now it look like fellows as Mark Goodacre are feeling the burden of work too. One the one hand he is a much more competent person than myself to deal with modern webpages (mine are like fossils), but he also seems more open for some sort of collaboration with other interested and able scholars. His experimenting and ideas about how he will carry out his work are interesting, and I wish him every good wish.
For my own part, I will keep on doing some Philo-blogging on this blog; I am also considering establishing a similar blog on 1 Peter in January. But my Resource Pages for Biblical Studies will be rather static; that is - not being regularly updated.
Friday, August 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment