Conferences like the SNTS Meeting and the SBL Annual Meetings are events were booksellers and book buyers are having good times. The book exhibition at SBL is outstanding; the Book marked of SNTS is much smaller as the conference is smaller too. Neverthless, there where several publishers present with their booths and offerings, and like most others, I succumbed to the temptation, and spent some money on books.
One in particular I think should be considered relevant to Philo scholars too, namely
F. Watson,
Paul and the Hermeneutics of Faith
London: T & T Clark International, 2004).
There is a lot on Philo here too, and I hope to be able to return to this book on this blog.
Among the other books I bought, these might be mentioned:
M. Hengel,
Der Unterschätzte Petrus. Zwei Studien (Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2006).
A. Perriman,
The Coming of the Son of Man. New Testament Eschatology for an Emerging Church (Milton Keynes, UK: Peternoster Press, 2005).
J. Starr and Troels Engberg-Pedersen eds.,
Early Christian Paraenesis in Context. (Beiheft zur Zeitschrift für die neutestamentliche Wissenschaft 125; Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 2005).
T. H. Tobin,
Paul’s Rhetoric in Its Contexts. The Argument of Romans (Peabody, Ma: Hendrickson Publishers, 2004).
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment