The first volume of the series is a result of a conference in Aarhus in January (2005). The volume is called Beyond Reception. Mutual Influences between Antique Religion, Judaism, and Early Christianity.
I participated myself at the conference, so that is also why I might seem a little eager to tell about it. I have been reporting from the conference earlier and explained my ideas in my own article: I am arguing in favor of prof. Roald Skarsten's thesis that De Aeterniate Mundi cannot be Philonic. In one way my title is misleading, since I mention Philo's Aet. One should perhaps write "Aet. - often claimed to belong to Philo", but that is too long for a metonymic title. Here are all the titles:

Contents: David Brakke/Jörg Ulrich/Anders-Christian Jacobsen: Introduction to Early Christianity in the Context of Antiquity (ECCA) - David Brakke/Jörg Ulrich/Anders-Christian Jacobsen: Preface to Beyond Reception (ECCA 1) - Christoph Markschies: Antiquity and Christianity or: The Unavoidability of False Problems - Maren R. Niehoff: Philo's Contribution to Contemporary Alexandrian Metaphysics - Kåre Fuglseth: The Reception of Aristotelian Features in Philo and the Authorship Problem of Philo's De Aeternitate Mundi - Troels Engberg-Pedersen: Paul's Necessity: A Bourdieuesque Reading of the Pauline Project - Niels Willert: The Reception of Biblical and Greco-Roman Ethics in the Apologetics of the Early Church - Martin Vahrenhorst: Greek Religious and Cultic Terminology in the LXX Pentateuch - Einar Thomassen: The Reception of Greco-Roman Religious and Cultic Terminology in Judaism and Christianity, with Special Reference to Sacrificial Terminology - Gary B. Ferngren: The Early Christian Reception of Greek Medicine - David Brakke: Origins and Authenticity: Studying the Reception of Greek and Roman Spiritual Traditions in Early Christian Monasticism - Samuel Rubenson: Antony and Pythagoras: A Reappraisal of the Appropriation of Classical Biography in Athanasius' Vita Antonii - Aage Pilgaard: The Classical Biography as Model for the Gospels - Marie Verdoner: Cultural Negotiations in the Psychomachia of Prudentius.
No comments:
Post a Comment