Monday, October 09, 2006

Rambi!


At the SBL international meeting last summer I met one of the scholars that are working with Rambi, a bibliographic index of articles on Jewish studies. I promised him to take a closer look. I see that it was mentioned by Torrey in April, 2005, but I haven't had time to use it before now. This autumn I have been struggling with a lot of teaching affairs on subjects far away from Philo or Biblical studies, and haven't had time to do any research (alas), not to mention help Torrey to blog. Now things are more calm, so here you are:

Rambi is a very promising project, we realy need topic-based lists like this. Nothing can be compared to such databases if they become more or less complete.

A little bit confusing perhaps to know where to start, but you have to click on the "Rambi web" to find the search window, it will take you to the the main research window.

A search on "Philo of Alexandria" returns 584 posts. A more limited search on a specific topic or name is also possible, t.d. a search on "Torrey Seland" gave me 7 posts :-)

No comments: