Thursday, March 25, 2004

'Still going strong..'

I just want to tell you that last Monday I had the pleasure of visiting Prof. Peder Borgen and his wife Inger at their home at Lillestrøm, a 'town' just north of Oslo.
I can tell all you 'philonics' out there that he looked quite well, passing his 76 birthday two months ago, and is publishing at least one article this year. It is always interesting to meet a scholar who integrates philonic and New Testament Studies in the ways he does.

The primary purpose of my visit to this part of the country was to attend a conference on the implementation of Master programs in the University- and College- systems of Norway. Due to the decision of the government we are introducing a major reform in the system of Higher Education in Norway which, it is hoped, will make our study programs much more compatible with other programs in Europe and other countries. But as this is part of my job as a dean, and not as a philonic scholer, I'll say no more about this here.....

No comments: